|Thanks to Carol Moore of the Water-Blog for the photo.|
So, yeah, I've been a tiny bit MIA from my blog(s) here. Apologies.
Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- I am STRUGGLING with revisions on my possible next YA. Yes, in all caps and an angry red font;
- I have had a few medical weirdo things happen which have kept me running to doctors, including an allergic reaction to Cipro that covered my body scalp to toe in itchy rashy red hives, and, you know, the other part where I thought I was having a *coughs* heart attack (but thank goodness wasn't);
- It is the end of the school year which is a notoriously busy time for my (all) kids and I have been running them places, helping them with final papers, getting son one set for college (?!?!) and driving son two to and from friends', golf, etc.
- I have been trying to devote myself to some anti-bullying work which feels important and right to me, but has taken up a decent chunk of my free time. Most of it I have done through participating as a mentor/support on this amazing Stand for the Silent facebook page started by the incredible whirlwind of a man named Kirk Smalley whose son killed himself at age 11 after being bullied insufferably for too long.
- I have been dealing with the next phases of my next YA, THE SUMMER OF LETTING GO, including obtaining clearances, copy edits and early marketing stuff (author photos, Q&A, author essay, etc.) and, YES, I've seen a sneak peek at a possible cover! EXCITING!!!